Friday 22 November 2013

Rupert the Bear

The first peice of weaving I did on my 8 shaft, didn't do so well when I washed it, oops! Here it is when it was being woven. 


The 2nd to last post showed the head I made out of it! Now it's finished :) I'm very happy with for the first handwoven, five jointed bear I have made. I can see lots of things I can improve on BUT I must remember it's only the second jointed bear I have made, so of course it can improve lots. So I am trying to not be so critical of him and just enjoy him as a cute bear that I have made from my own fabric :) 

He is so soft too because he is made from jaggerspun zephyr merino/ silk wool! 



I photographed him with Katie today, as I always use Holly! She is so cute with him. 
I will however leave you with a photo of Holly in a Santa jumper :) hehe 


Happy weaving, and merry christmas! ....too early? 




2 comments:

  1. I think your bear turned out really cute, kind has an attitude about him. I see that Holly like to lick her feet - a lot...as me how I know ;-) I too have a dog that is a compulsive foot licker - the reddish fur is a result. Sigh...it is always something isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Haha yes she is a licker! I swear it's her hobby, we've tried to get her to stop but it doesn't seem to work!

    ReplyDelete