Thursday 7 November 2013

Christmas weaving :)

I love christmas! Yesterday I went to Bents garden centre to see all the christmas decorations. It was AMAZING!! I was overwhelmed, there was so much stuff. I decided my favourite style is Dickensian, reds and greens... And glitter! I got my nails painted red and covered in red glitter today, they look like Dorothy's shoes in the wizard of oz. 
I did some christmas weaving the other day, sadly when I washed it the pattern was unrecognisable. So here is a picture from when I was weaving it.


Are you doing any christmas weaving this year?

2 comments:

  1. I love that cheerful pattern. Wonder how you washed the sample? Did the yarn you use felt too much or shrink? Curious to hear what happened.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Im not sure to be honest. I think it was a combination of both. It is made of wool but I have felted my weaving before and it didn't seem that felted to me so I guess its mainly shrinking. I did beat it tightly and I think its a pattern that requires light beating. I will have to try it again, not in wool and beaten lightly and hopefully the pattern should stay!

    ReplyDelete