Sunday 3 November 2013

My very own overshot draft!

So a few posts ago I posted  picture of a name draft from my very own name. At that point I wasn't sure if it would work as a weave because there were so many floats! I thought if I did weave it it wouldn't be very stable. In the book picture below, it describes overshot in detail, and it was as I was reading this that it dawned on me that my name draft should be an overshot weave! I was delighted. I definitely recommend this book. You can get it from her etsy shop which is listed on her blog



I had so much gun weaving my own draft. Here are a few photos of it! 






This is the reverse side
I love the fact that it is based on my name! I need to adjust the draft because I didn't weave exactly what my original design was. I will post it tomorrow!

Happy weaving xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment