Wednesday 20 November 2013

A real bear with my laceweight herringbone weaving

Ok so I seem to be really getting into making bears. I just got supplies through the post yesterday and I've got more on the way hehe. So the main aspect of my bears is that I want them to be made out of my weaving. If you were to scroll back down the post you would come across the first thing I made on my new 8 shaft mighty wolf loom. It's a herringbone twill using Jaggerspun zephyr merino/silk, however when I went to full the fabric I felted it abit meaning it couldn't really be used for anything.
A bit of insomnia meant that I came up with idea of using it to make a bear!! I decided I would start with the head as it's on of the most important parts of a bear! It holds all the character!
So off I went....
Right I'm off to make the rest of him!! I hope you like his face :)
Happy weaving!



No comments:

Post a Comment