Wednesday 27 November 2013

Advancing twill ..::''

After reading Handwoven November-December 2013 issue on twill I decided to try an advancing twill. I have followed the draft but without the repeat. I have used Jura by texere yarns which is a 4 ply weight. ( mainly because my stash only has this in it so far, I need to build a stash desperately!) I used a gradient on colours for the warp, but then went on to have some difficulty choosing the weft as I didn't like the colour I had chosen. I'm not sure I like this pattern as the pattern isn't as neat and clear as I like. I guess I like clear patterns! 



Finally decided on the blue weft after mulling it for a while.



I hope you like it more than I do. At least I can say I'm enjoying weaving it! 

Happy weaving xx



No comments:

Post a Comment