Wednesday 22 January 2014

The Turkish spindle project

So my favourite buy from woolfest last year was my tiny Turkish spindle. I bought it because it was so tiny and cute. Yes I love little things, and yes I actually did buy it because it was little.


It produces a tiny little ball of yarn at the end, I'm going to call it a yarn cake! I'm sure this is already a word used but oh well. Here are the two little balls of 2 ply yarn I spun on it today.




I'm trying to use up the fibre I bought as waste from world of wool. I love the waste bag, it comes with lots and lots of samples of yarn(well they aren't samples, but waste). It's amazing and so cheap. I have a 500g bag. So my idea is to spin the waste sample on my Turkish spindle and then weave little squares to eventually make a blanket! I am hoping to get a zoom loom which you weave a simple square. This will be an in between project. The project for when I'm taking a break! 
The picture below is some of the fibre I got in the bag.




I'll keep you posted on this project, I'll try and do an update a week maybe! 

Happy spinning and weaving!


No comments:

Post a Comment