Thursday 16 January 2014

Lazy day pants

The past few days, I've been thinking about making some trousers to wear around the house on those lazy days. The days when skinny jeans just don't appeal (especially when I like to sit with my knees up).  I've also been thinking about summer, brighter days and warmer weather. I am usually a winter person but after a horrible year, winter just isn't welcome. I need happy and uplifting weather to get through my grief. So I am thinking of weaving some summer, happy pants for those lazy days.

I have looked at design seeds to get the bright colour pallette I'm looking for and these two images are my favourite so far.



Bright and cheery!

I think I would randomise the colours in the warp, I don't want the pants to have a uniform look, i want them to be wild, or rather hippy-ish!

I'm not sure about the weave I would do, maybe a twill or even plain. I saw a huck lace pattern I thought looked nice, and it looked suitable for pants.

I kind of like the weaving sample I did the other day, if I mixed up the colours abit more!


What yarn would I use? I have no idea!!! Maybe cotton or cottoline. I am most definitely up for advice and suggestion here!

I think this could be a really fun, exciting project. It would also be lovely if it was a weave-a-long on the blogosphere? I know I don't have many followers but it could be a nice thing to do! 




No comments:

Post a Comment