Wednesday 4 December 2013

Dye another day

Yesterday I was at wickerwool with Cathy from Lazykate, she was showing us how to dye yarn and fibre. We started off using acid dyes on yarn, I used my acid dyes from ashford that I got earlier this year (but hadn't used yet! ).  Cathy explained it very well and what seemed daunting and hard wasn't at all! I now really can't wait to start doing my dying at home.



This is what my yarn looked like after I had painted and set the dyes


I really like them both and look forward to experimenting more! Here the are re-skeined! 


To see what the others did and hear about using natural dyes cheak out Cathy's blogpost http://lazypeasant.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/eclectic-dye-dya.html

Happy weaving/ dying! 

I'll leave you with a picture of our christmas tree



No comments:

Post a Comment