Friday 18 October 2013

First weavings on my eight shaft

For my first weave I went for a draft in the epic book 'A Weaver's Book of 8-Shaft Patterns: From the Friends of Handwoven' by Carol Strickler


I chose the pattern rosepath #102 by Betty Creamer, its a beautiful flower type pattern. I however used the darker of my yarn choices as the warp not realising that it is the warp that would be the star of the pattern. It would have looked much better if I had used the lighter yarn as the warp. Here is a picture so you can see what I mean.



You can barely see the pattern at all with this. So I sadly wasn't very happy weaving it. Luckily it occurred to me that the threading was the same as for a herringbone twill and all I had to do was change the tie up! So that exactly what I did and now I am enjoying the weaving :)


I need more practice on beating evenly but I am so happy with it! :)

Happy weaving!! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment